Sunday, July 31, 2011

Zucchini Pancakes

Faced with several upcoming days of mostly dinners out, I needed to tackle our remaining veggies. These zucchini pancakes were awesome, but only used one of our large zucchini. Was hoping to use both of them, but when I'd shredded one, it was a huge pile. I mostly used Ina Garten's recipe, throwing in a little feta cheese that was hanging around. Though Ina didn't say to salt & drain the shredded zucchini, some other recipes did, so I tried that. The cast iron skillet was great for these (thanks again, mom!).


Served with a simple tomato-basil relish (with some olive oil & balsamic vinegar), and a variation on the chickpeas I made last week: sauteed with onion, garlic, smoked paprika, a little balsamic, and cilantro. Nice meatless meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment