Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pasta with Peas & Bacon

I think there may still be a green pepper and a cucumber floating around in the fridge, but other than that I've now used all our veggies before the next round comes tomorrow!

Tonight I tackled the peas. We got a very small handful of regular (shell) peas (I hope we get more; they were really tasty), and I guess some variety of snow peas. We got these the previous week also and I hadn't used them. I've never been a big snow pea consumer, but these looked different from what I've seen. Anyway, I figured I'd just slice up both batches and use them in pasta.


Cooked 3 slices of diced bacon, then sauteed the snow peas for a few minutes in the drippings. Added minced garlic, hot pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Added the regular peas to the boiling pasta in the last minute of cooking. Drained that, then added a blob of cream cheese to the pan with some pasta water to thin. Tossed everything together and added the bacon bits, fresh basil, a little bit of feta and a splash of lime juice. Would have preferred to have some ricotta & parmesan instead of the cream cheese & feta, but what was on hand was still pretty darn good.


The snow peas turned out well. Hard to screw anything up when there's bacon involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment