Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Broccoli - Red Cabbage Slaw

Not sure if this is a slaw or salad...but regardless, with the temperature at about 137 degrees today, turning on the stove/oven was not an appealing option. So, this happened:

Pretty red (purple?) cabbage...


...a good amount of raw broccoli, with lots of broccoli stems (when I was a kid, I would only eat the stems and my sister would only eat the florets. I guess that worked!)...


...the rest of the red onion from this week and part of a red pepper (the broccoli stems, onion and pepper were sliced on the mandoline, which is more fun than it rightly should be), a handful of dried cranberries...



...made a dressing of about 1/4 cup each mayo & plain Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and "red & black" (thank you Susan!), and also added some chopped toasted walnuts. OK, I did turn the stove on to toast the walnuts...


My dilemma was what else I was going to have for dinner, but then Amy uttered those three little words: "I'm ordering Chinese." Bingo. So this goes with General Tso's chicken, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment