Friday, July 29, 2011

Week 8: Corn!

I'd read something a couple weeks ago on One Straw's blog that a deluge of rain devastated their current corn crop. But I guess they found something to harvest! This week we got:


White corn, yellow squash, cucumber, small purple onions, tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper, and lettuce.

rob made an egg dish for his Thursday night casserole dinner, which we actually enjoyed for breakfast on Friday since I got home at 2am. He used some squash, bell pepper & onion, plus mushrooms, bacon & cheddar. Yum! Amy snuck a piece before we got up and declared it nom:


For dinner tonight I thought I'd make a corn salad, and when I cut the kernals off the cobs they were so sweet and crunchy I decided to leave everything raw. I also used the cucumber, tomato & onion from our box. Added a minced jalepeno, cilantro, juice of half a lime, some olive oil, salt & pepper.


I decided that burgers needed to happen with this. Namely, bacon cheeseburgers with smoked paprika mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment