Monday, October 3, 2011

Poblano-Cheddar Grits, Glazed Acorn Squash Rings

Dinner was an unusual combination of things, but all tasty!

The other poblano pepper I roasted was diced and thrown into some cheddar grits. Amy brought home some stone-ground yellow grits from North Carolina...and though I already have an open bag of stone-ground white grits I bought in NC, I had to try these out too. I think they were better.


And, they were made with our squid whisk! That always helps.

For the acorn squash - sliced it into rings, removed the seeds, and brushed with a glaze of melted butter, maple syrup and cinnamon. Sprinkled with salt & pepper and baked for about 20 mins at 425 (flipped halfway through and glazed the other side). The rind softens up and you can eat the whole thing!


Served this with tortilla-lime crusted tilapia from Safeway...just popped in the oven along with the squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment