Friday, September 9, 2011

Week 14: Celeriac & Friends

New stuff this week:


Purple basil, green beans, and...celeriac!

Although rob apparently used half of the celeriac in a veggie lasagna...so I don't have to worry about what the heck to do with it! The remaining one goes to Joanna & Sharif.

We also got potatoes, garlic, lettuce, a "personal-size" watermelon (phew)...and some sad, unripe plum tomatoes.


Not sure what to do with these guys. They're not quite "green" for fryin', but they'll probably never get deliciously ripe--they sort of look even worse than dead-of-winter supermarket tomatoes. I'm guessing the massively bad weather the last couple weeks is to blame. While I'm sad not to be eating delicious heirloom tomato salads, part of supporting the CSA is sharing the good and bad along with the farm. I'm sure they're probably hurting from the weather--and I'm still glad to be giving a local farm my produce money, rather than buying probably-genetically-modified things shipped from far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment