Friday, September 2, 2011

Week 13: Scallion-Cheddar Biscuits, Stuffed Baby Peppers

Thank god, no melon this week! Nothing particularly stellar though...I'm guessing maybe the hurricane last week forced early pickings of things, or maybe some crops were damaged.

We got some large tomatoes, but they're not particularly ripe. Red potatoes, onions, lots of green onions, garlic, lettuce, parsley, lemon basil, and some more of those baby orange peppers.

With the some of the green onions, I made Cheddar Scallion Drop Biscuits. What's the difference between a scallion and a green onion? I dunno. But these were good.


I finally made the stuffed baby peppers (just 4 of 'em!)


The filling is ricotta, feta, garlic and "spicy bush basil" from our garden. Baked these at 400 for about 20 minutes.

I also roasted a head of garlic which I'll use in pesto instead of raw garlic. Going to a potluck tomorrow and have plans for that. The herbs just aren't traveling well from the farm, but hopefully pureed in pesto won't make much difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment