Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 3: Cruciferous Goodness

This week we've got mostly cruciferous things:


Beets (they look a little lighter in color on the outside, so I wonder if they'll be pink or marbled on the inside...that would be exciting!), a head of cabbage that weighs several pounds (glad we had to split that in half), and cauliflower...


...and of course, more greens. New stuff this week is swiss chard, red mustard greens (which mystified me and I had to Ask The Internet), and a lovely head of what looks like purple romain lettuce.

We also got more green leaf lettuce and kale - which I'm glad about so I can make more of the massaged kale salad! That stuff was seriously good.

I suppose there will be some type of coleslaw; maybe a beet salad with goat cheese (we've only got two smallish beets)...and I've been looking up mustard greens recipes. I don't think I've ever eaten these--they are quite potent raw (almost horseradishy).

No comments:

Post a Comment