Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cream of Greens Soup

There's been a lot of cooking in the past 24 hours. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do when I have a full weekend of gigs, which will be happening a lot this summer. But this weekend was mostly free, so...

I think the blender is going to be my friend during the onslaught of greens. The spinach, arugula and greens from the baby turnips have become a cream of greens soup:


Sauteed onions & garlic, added a large diced potato and a box of chicken broth and let the potato cook. Then the greens went in just for a few minutes with plenty of salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne. Let it cool a bit and then whizzed in the blender. Most of this is going in the freezer like that, but I added a bit of half & half to this serving. And those are some sliced garlic scapes on the top, which...are really potent raw. I was going to make some garlic scape cream cheese, but I'm rethinking that. Eating that with my morning bagel would give me some powerful breath.

Still have the collards and two heads of lettuce (one left over from last week). I forsee a lot of salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment