Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ruby Chard Quiche

Here's my tasty but slightly ugly quiche:


I used a store-bought pie crust and debated about whether to pre-bake it. Most quiche recipes say you should...and to use pie weights. The pie crust box said you could pre-bake with just pricking the bottom, so I did that. Yeah, you should use pie weights if you're gonna do this.

But who cares how it looks...it was tasty! Filling is the ruby chard leaves & stems, vidalia onion & garlic sauteed together. 5 eggs + some half & half, plus smoked gouda cheese, which is so tasty (love the cheese section at Trader Joe's!). This'll be some good lunches/breakfasts this week.

1 comment:

  1. LOVELOVELOVE chard! The love affair began in my long gone gardening days because here was a green that would withstand the midwest heat without becoming overly bitter (like lettuces) or bolting to seed (like spinach) and ever so good cooked (steamed or stir fried) and SO pretty! Hey I think your quiche looks just dandy and any egg dish is HIGH on my list! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete