Friday, August 26, 2011

Week 12: More 'Maters 'n Melons!

 

This week we got cherry tomatoes, some looong green onions, basil, red leaf lettuce, white onions, green peppers...and good lord, another watermelon and cantaloupe! We haven't gotten through all of last week's watermelon yet. It was delicious, but I discovered I'm one of those people that gets slight digestive issues eating a lot of watermelon after a full meal...so I've gotta be careful of when I eat it, I guess.

I also kinda wish we got sweet red or other color peppers instead of green ones all the time, but...I shan't complain too much.

For rob's Thursday night casserole, I picked out a scalloped potato recipe so we could use up the rest of the potatoes and peppers from last week (I'd been hoping to make some stuffed baby peppers, but that never happened). rob was worried that the finished casserole looked strange, but I assured him that scalloped potato things aren't usually pretty. It's cheesy potatoes, so you really can't go wrong with that:


Hurricane Irene's on the way, and I'm hoping (among other things) it doesn't hit the farm too badly. They're located up near the PA border a little east of here, but they're not close to the water. At least if our power goes out, we've got some fresh veggies to eat and don't have to live on peanut butter sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment