Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sauteed Cabbage

Let's see...there was another batch of the shaved squash salad (say that 5 times fast), and the rest of the tomatoes went raw into some linguine with garlic, olive oil & basil. That got thrown together and eaten too fast to document.

And then...there's the cabbage. Oh, cabbage, what do I do with you? I'm not really a cabbage person. I could see putting it into hearty dishes like minestrone or stew, but it's the dog days of summer! And I wasn't up for more slaw adventures.

Amy had been encouraging us to help eat the mass quantities of potato salad she made...a non-mayo concoction with kielbasa and eggs. Sounded vaguely Germanic, so I thought I could just do a simple sauteed cabbage thing to go with that:


Onions & garlic in butter & olive oil, then the cabbage, a little bit of dill, steam/saute for a few minutes, and a splash of cider vinegar.

Not particularly exciting, but comfort food-ish.


No comments:

Post a Comment