Friday, July 6, 2012

Chicken, Zucchini & Broccoli Stir Fry

I took a rare Thursday off this week and actually got to go to our CSA pickup site! I've never gotten to do that before. OK, it wasn't terribly exciting...the veggies are set out in crates in front of this house; you go check off your name and pick out your stuff:


This week we got red cabbage, kale, peas, zucchini, broccoli, kohlrabi, cauliflower, red spring onions & lettuce.

I've saved up the kale & collards from last week and will combine them with this week's kale for the famous kale salad, to take to a wedding potluck. Tonight I made a simple stir fry with the broccoli & zucchini:

I stir-fried those with some sliced onion, removed them from the pan, added a couple of garlic cloves and some cubed chicken breast. When that cooked through I added the veggies back in and splashed in some soy sauce, honey, lime juice & hot pepper flakes, then added some basil & lemon verbena from our garden. Could've been more "saucy," but it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment