Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Purple & Green Slaw, Spicy Shredded Beef

Haven't had time to post about this, but we had a feast for a party we threw a couple weeks ago for my birthday. Also involved a Harrison Ford movie marathon to celebrate his 70th! I was also on a mission to use up lots of veggies before we left for another tour, so this slaw happened:


Half a head of purple cabbage, a candy-striped beet (raw, julienned), a chopped Granny Smith Apple, and a couple chopped red spring onions. The dressing was something like a lime vinaigrette, as I recall...olive oil, lime juice, honey & some dijon mustard.



I also made some spicy shredded crockpot beef, mostly following this recipe...which I almost doubled 'cause I got a giant beef roast.


 I was pleased that my hungry friends ate pretty much everything! We did a sort of Chipotle-like spread with rice, black beans, peppers & onions, Amy's homemade salsa, etc.




Everything went deliciously with Air Force One, Cowboys & Aliens, and Empire Strikes Back!

No comments:

Post a Comment