Friday, August 12, 2011

Week 10: Summer goodness; polenta-roasted veggie casserole

This week bring lots of pretty summer veggies:



Corn, a giant head of garlic, bell peppers, large juicy tomatoes, pattypan squash, yellow pear tomatoes, and cantaloupe. There was also a small head of green cabbage and some lettuce, but I gave those to Sharif and Joanna. I'm cabbaged out...and we haven't used the lettuce from last week.

Love these tomatoes! 
 
 

Thursday also means rob casserole. I'd made extra polenta last night and put it in an 8 x 8 square pan, and had picked out a recipe for polenta & roasted vegetable casserole...so he'd just have to do the vegetable part.

Well, I didn't specify he could just leave the polenta in the pan...and in the interest of following the recipe, he spread it out in a 9 x 13 pan. And found out that cold polenta really doesn't spread. 
 
 

But it still came out fine! I'm so used to not following recipes that I didn't think about that...

The veggies are a mix of squashes with onions, mushrooms and whole garlic cloves (which I question the recipe author on)...roasted in the oven and then baked on top of the polenta with parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Well...I am mighty glad the man is cooking cause he sure ain't posting Journal entries....as if I should gripe...all I've written for 3 months are emails to the Board...sheesh.

    ReplyDelete