Monday, October 15, 2012

Kale-Arugula Salad, Mystery Roasted Tubers

I've been doing pretty well lately at using up lots of the CSA veggies at once. A few days ago I made jambalaya from Zatarain's mix, throwing in red onion, green pepper, diced kohlrabi, swiss chard, cherry tomatoes & cilantro.

Tonight's dinner also used several veggies. I made the massaged kale salad again and also added arugula (but no cheese--which I missed--and no dried cranberries). We also got some sort of mystery root vegetable this week - it wasn't labeled on the list. The tubers looked a little like overgrown parsnips but I don't think they were. They were pretty fibrous. I figured whatever they were, they'd be good roasted, so I peeled & cubed them with a couple small turnips, tossed with olive oil, salt & pepper and smoked paprika, and roasted at 400 for about half an hour. Yep, pretty hard to ruin any root vegetable that way!


I also made crispy roasted chicken thighs, mostly following this recipe. Very good...but note to self, I need to buy a spatter screen!



No comments:

Post a Comment