Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cranberry-Walnut Mixed Green Salad; Chili-Cilantro Mashed Sweet Potatoes

The mixed baby greens and dandelion greens became a salad with toasted walnuts & dried cranberries:


Dressing was olive oil, cider vinegar, dijon mustard and a bit of pomegranate molasses & maple syrup. Really tasty!

I had some leftover mashed sweet potatoes in the freezer and thought I'd spice it up with red chili pepper and cilantro:


I broiled one of the red chili peppers in the toaster oven for a few minutes and then peeled, seeded & chopped it. Tasted a piece and it was pretty spicy, so I didn't even put the whole thing in...but I probably could have as this didn't end up too spicy. We had this and the salad with some fish, and an apple crisp for dessert with semi-local apples.

Oh, last night I also whipped up a quick pasta with Italian sausage, spinach and garlic--just sauteed everything while the pasta cooked and added jack cheese at the end:

No comments:

Post a Comment