Sunday, July 19, 2015

Red Cabbage Salad with Avocado

This week's CSA veggies included red/purple cabbage, cucumbers and carrots, which all went in this salad. I also found some romaine lettuce in the fridge that was at least a week old but was magically still good, so I threw that in. You could certainly add other veggies, and if I'd had green onions and cilantro they would have been great here.

Place in a large bowl:
- 1/2 a red cabbage, cored & shredded
- grated carrots
- cucumber, cubed or sliced
For the dressing, whisk together:
- dijon mustard
- lime juice
- honey/maple syrup (I have some fancy "ginger syrup" that I used)
- pomegranate molasses (you can leave out or use some balsamic vinegar)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
Toss the vegetables with most of the dressing, then top with:
- 1 avocado, cubed
Optional but delicious:
- bacon
- crushed tortilla chips
Nuts would be good too. Put in all the things!
Drizzle with a little more dressing and dig in.


This was still good the next day but had lost some of the punch of the dressing. I used half the avocado the first time and the rest of it the next day.

1 comment: