Thursday, June 9, 2016

Spring Salad with Roasted Chickpeas

Our CSA started today! No surprise, we got pretty much all leafy green things: two types of kale, collards, spinach, two types of lettuce that looked like roses (there was a fancy name on the checkoff sheet I didn't remember), baby turnips (or are these white radishes...I never remember!), and garlic scapes. I was hoping we'd get strawberries, but nope. We've had a lot of rain and I wonder if that affected the strawberry crop.


I figured a salad would be in order for dinner tonight. I've been wanting to make roasted chickpeas as they seem pretty easy, and I had some commercial packaged ones that were delish a little while ago. The method is pretty easy: rinse and drain a can (or two) of chickpeas and dry well on towels. Coat with olive oil & season with salt and whatever other spices you like. I used smoked paprika and a little cayenne; I will probably try something more exciting next time. Roast at 425-450 for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crisp.

For the salad I used the two lettuces, some spinach and some sliced garlic scapes (they are like potent green onions), cucumbers and tomatoes from the store, and I topped with the chickpeas and some goat cheese.

Dressing: a small dab each of dijon mustard and pomegranate molasses, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper and olive oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment