Monday, June 27, 2016

Roasted Root Salad

This salad is a great example of why I love the CSA. I would never go out and buy all these ingredients to make this - but since they happened to be here, it came together. Planning and shopping continues to be the biggest "roadblock" to eating healthy for me...if the ingredients are in the house, I will make something!

We had several "baby roots" from the last couple of weeks: striped beets, purple-skinned radishes and turnips (I think). I halved or quartered these, tossed with olive oil, salt & pepper and garlic powder, and roasted at 425 for 15 minutes. The greens are all from the CSA: two types of lettuce and arugula. I added some cherry tomatoes, fresh cherries, feta cheese and pistachios. The dressing I've been making lately is just good olive oil, lemon juice, a little bit of dijon mustard & maple syrup, and salt & pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment