Monday, October 5, 2015

Pasta with Leftover Brisket, Chard & Tomatoes

I came home from my gig last night with a tub of leftover brisket. It wasn't stellar in the BBQ sandwich I had at the party, but I figured I could turn it into something good. Had some chard and tomatoes from the CSA to use up, so...pasta dish! I would have put an onion in this but couldn't find the one I thought I had, then discovered half of it in the fridge when this was almost done. Ah well, it was still good.

- Saute 4 cloves chopped garlic in olive oil briefly (start with onion, if you have some).
- Add leftover brisket, chopped or shredded.
- Add 2 large tomatoes, chopped (or used canned). Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add a few handfuls of chopped chard leaves and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add salt, pepper & hot sauce to taste...maybe a splash of half & half. I also added a little bit of BBQ sauce that I had with the brisket.
- Use short, chunky pasta like rigatoni, and serve with parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment