Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bacon Fried Rice with Brussels Sprouts

This was kind of stupid good.

I've been meaning to make a bolognese sauce for a few days, but keep getting derailed by other things. We had a bunch of leftover rice from Chinese delivery, and I also had some brussels sprouts and bacon to use up, so...voila.


I cut the bacon into ~1 inch pieces, cooked it in a large pan and drained out most of the fat. In the remainder I quickly sauteed 1 chopped onion, a few brussels sprouts (sliced/shredded) and a couple chopped garlic cloves. Then added in the rice, added a few splashes of soy sauce & sesame oil, black pepper & hot sauce. Then scrambled 2 eggs into the middle and mixed the bacon pieces back in.

I'd make fried rice more often - it's so easy and is a great way to use up leftovers - but I can never seem to cook rice to quite the right texture. Leftover Chinese takeout rice is the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment