Sunday, January 3, 2016

Ghiradelli Incendio Brownies

I love Ghiradelli brownie mix. LOVE. It beats out most homemade brownies, seriously. It's often on sale at my grocery store for $1.99. There are a few varieties but I like the dark chocolate one. I had a box hanging around and needed a dessert to take to a holiday party...

We also love Patron XO Cafe (a tequila-based coffee liqueur), and they've recently come out with an "Incendio" version that includes arbol chile and Criollo chocolate. Um, YES. 

So, did you know that you can substitute booze for the water in brownie mix? Yup. I've done it before with the regular Patron Cafe, and this one was even better...just a hint of spice. It was almost too subtle, but I didn't know if using more than 1/4 cup liqueur would mess up the texture. Someone should try it and report.

Other boozes I'm guessing would be good: Kahlua, bourbon, amaretto. So if you actually need a recipe:

- Whisk together 1 egg, 1/2 cup of oil & 1/4 cup of Patron XO Cafe Incendio (or other booze).
- Add the dry brownie mix
- Pour into a greased 8x8 pan and bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes (err on the underdone side, because fudgy brownies are delicious).


No comments:

Post a Comment