Friday, September 21, 2012

Dark Chocolate - Habanero Crème Brûlée

A few days ago I was gifted a packet of "Habanero Sugar," something I haven't encountered before...



...and a voice from above said..."I bet that would make a bitchin' chocolate crème brûlée."

I listened to that voice.

I got a kitchen torch for my birthday and have only used it once (tried a basic crème brûlée recipe). For this, I used this chocolate crème brûlée recipe, "for two." It filled three small dishes, which was fine 'cause it was pretty damn rich (and the person who gifted me the sugar got some!). I used a 76% cacao chocolate. And I didn't bother straining the mixture.

I tasted the sugar first and it was pretty potent, so I decided to mix it half-and-half with regular sugar. Good move...it was just the right amount of heat and not overwhelming.


Oh my LORD this was good. Uber-chocolately and a nice kick from the habanero.




No comments:

Post a Comment