Friday, August 17, 2012

Pink Potatoes!

I love vegetable surprises. Yesterday's pickup included a bag of red-skinned potatoes (seems we're getting potatoes every week). Thought I'd make some home fries for breakfast today, and when I sliced them, voila!


Had some regular potatoes too so I mixed them together. Here's an easy way to make home fries/roasted potatoes if you're also making bacon:

Cook your bacon in the oven on a foil-lined sheet pan (about 15 minutes at 400 usually does it). When it's done, remove the bacon to paper towels and toss cubed potatoes onto the pan to coat with the bacon drippings. Season with salt and whatever else you want (at the moment I'm in love with Penzey's Turkish seasoning), put back into the oven and roast until browned & crispy, turning once.


Happy breakfast!


No comments:

Post a Comment